Subject: FW: Layout of EBNF in pdf

I am using version 2 of the parser generator antlr which has an option for
writing the grammar it reads as sgml docbook, not ebnf, but it is easier to
convert that to xml with ebnf than convert antlr grammar.

I am using xalan and fop-0.93 to format the xml and when there
are long lhs in the rules they are either broken over lines  and  hypenated or
if they cant be hyphenated they are shifted left and overwrite thefirst column the
rule number.

I have put the productionset template in my fo customization file to
fiddle with the relative width of the columns in the table that is pduced,
but this means editing the customization according to the grammar.
As the fo table is generated  by the xsl  I suppose that I cannot
use a pi to change the result ?

        Ian Moor