Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using <h1> for chapter titles in HTML output

Hi Peter,

I thought Bob Stayton replied to this last week but perhaps you missed the answer!

He mentioned the template called 'component.title' in html/components.xsl This calculates the h-number to use for the title of
a component. However, there is also 'section.heading' in sections.xsl that performs a similar task. You should be able to play with these
to achieve what you're looking for.

Tristan Mitchell

Peter Desjardins wrote:
I posted this question about altering the HTML element used for chapter
titles a few days ago.  To ask it more concisely:

Does anyone know how to customize HTML output so that <h1> is used for
chapter titles instead of <h2>?  A hint regarding the point in the XSL
to experiment with would help me.

If I am omitting important details or if this information is available
elsewhere, please let me know and accept my apology for the double
posting.

Again, my thanks for your generous help.

Peter Desjardins