Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Towards easier XSL Customizations

Camille Bégnis wrote:

> I finally found the time to write down a few ideas I had in mind for a
> long time:
> http://camille.wordpress.com/2007/02/03/xsl-customizations-easy-at-last/
>
> I'll be happy to hear your comments before I go further.

Hi Camille,

are you aware of the following thread:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31595537&forum_id=2029

Basically, many DocBook parameters already have necessary
metainformation and more will be added shortly.

FO editor which will be able to use such parameter definitions will be
released to public within few months. But I don't think it is completely
possible to drive editor only by parameter definitions. Some parameters
have such complex types that special control or custom code must be used
to create editing front-end for it.

					Jirka

 OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO/JTC1/SC34 member
 Want to speak at XML Prague 2007 => http://xmlprague.cz/cfp.html

OpenPGP digital signature