Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Towards easier XSL Customizations

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Camille Bégnis wrote:
>
>> I finally found the time to write down a few ideas I had in mind for a
>> long time:
>> http://camille.wordpress.com/2007/02/03/xsl-customizations-easy-at-last/

> are you aware of the following thread:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31595537&forum_id=2029
>
> Basically, many DocBook parameters already have necessary
> metainformation and more will be added shortly.
>
> FO editor which will be able to use such parameter definitions will be
> released to public within few months. But I don't think it is completely
> possible to drive editor only by parameter definitions. Some parameters
> have such complex types that special control or custom code must be used
> to create editing front-end for it.

So..... I have an xml file which lists the (say html) parameters.
parameter X
Values {a, b, c}

etc.

Any application that can read XML can then pick up that file...
then use a user response (pick one from list, enter integer etc)
to set a value.

Application then writes out a customization layer, in XML.

:-) Sounds good to me.

Is that the idea Camille?

regards

--