Subject: please help me!

Hi all,
I'm new to this list and to docbook in general. I'm triyng to convert my
first doc from docbook xml to a pdf. But I'm unable. it seems that on
the xml produced by the docbook with the menu iten "show as a docbook"
there isn't the DOCTYPE definition and also the DTD link. Why does it
happen? Where do I am in wrong? Please answer me, I', thinking to leave
bocbook... :-(

Renato