Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] chunker.output.omit-xml-declaration Ineffective

>> But I have to ask if you really want to generate incorrectly encoded files? I don't think browsers would be happy with them. <<

You are absolutely correct, the browsers are not happy.

Issue regarding omission of xml declaration was related to IE’s unhappiness.

Now utilize <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/> in the xhtml document head (enterprise requirement); utf-8 seems to be much less problematic.

Ray