Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] docbook 1.72.0 & fop 0.93 - multi-page tables corrupted

Try

<xsl:attribute-set name="table.properties">
<xsl:attribute name="keep-together.within-column">auto</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

Fixed this problem form me.
It seems like the default behaviour changed from fop 0.25 to fop 0.93

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: paul_moloney [mailto:paul_moloney@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 11:57
An: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: [docbook-apps] docbook 1.72.0 & fop 0.93 - multi-page tables
corrupted

Hi all,

I've upgraded our doc build process from 0.25 to 0.93. In PDF output with
0.25, a table could span multiple pages, with the table header appearing on
each page.

However, with 0.93, the table stops on one page; subsequent rows aren't
printed. Also, the bottom of the table is corrupted. Just two examples: the
table title appears in the middle of a row, and the table overwrites the
page footer.

The following image of the page illustrates better than I can describe:

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5849/corrupttableia3.png

I tried to build the doc using a dummy customisation layer (which simply
references the docbook-xsl-1.72.0 stylesheets).  The dummy customisation
layer is here:

http://www.pasteserver.net/196

The output still has the corrupted table. The new FO excerpt including the
table is here:

http://www.pasteserver.net/197

This seems to indicate it's nothing to do with my customisation layer.
However, the following error messages in the FOP output may be of use:

 [fop] WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified => falling
back to proportional-column-width(1)
      [fop] 21-Feb-2007 10:25:46 org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
      [fop] WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified =>
falling back to proportional-column-width(1)
      [fop] 21-Feb-2007 10:25:46 org.apache.fop.fo.flow.TableColumn bind
      [fop] WARNING: table-layout="fixed" and column-width unspecified =>
falling back to proportional-column-width(1)
      [fop] 21-Feb-2007 10:25:47
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.PageSequenceLayoutManager$1 notifyOverflow
      [fop] WARNING: Content of the region-body on page 3 overflows the
available area in block-progression dimension. (fo:page-sequence, location:
37/482)

The full log is at http://www.pasteserver.net/198

Regards,

P.