Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Please respond: adding generic sibling to high-levelbook components

Scott Hudson a écrit :
> Right. This element would be considered for addition in v5.0...
>
> Question is: should these elements be collapsed with the intention of
> applying a class or type attribute (e.g. <bookmatter class="preface"
> label="Preface" /> or is it still semantically meaningful to leave the
> existing structures, but use the generic one for any additional needed
> sibling structures?

The less elements the happier Camille.

Rationale: When our clients come to docbook they are frightened by the
number of elements. So we provide them with a limited list so they can
get started. But while they start learning new elements they realize
they should have called that element <preface> rather than <chapter>.
And it's easier to add an attribute to specialize the element rather
than renaming it, possibly with content model issues.

My 2 euro cents.

Camille.