Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] table.properties and dbfo keep-together.within-column

Hi Ludger,
I'm glad you got it working, but actually that behavior should be automatic
if the PI is used.  It works for figure and example, but it currently
doesn't work for table, because table has two attribute-sets:
table.properties and table.table.properties.  I'm going to look into this
again.

DocBook Consulting

From: <Ludger.Thomas@iese.fraunhofer.de>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:02 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] table.properties and dbfo
keep-together.within-column

Dear List,
I guess <?dbfo keep-together="auto" ?> has been introduced to allow
control over breaking and non-breaking tables. In my case (XEP) I ran
into problems since I couldn't get my long (formal) tables start
directly after the previous content. I worked out a litle solution which
implements the correct behavior of dbfo PI. Hopefully you'll find it
usefull.

    <xsl:attribute-set name="table.properties">
.... More attributes ....

    <xsl:attribute name="keep-together.within-column">
    <xsl:variable name="keep.together">
    <xsl:call-template name="dbfo-attribute">
    <xsl:with-param name="pis"

select="processing-instruction('dbfo')"/>
    <xsl:with-param name="attribute"
select="'keep-together'"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$keep.together !=
''">auto</xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>always</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:attribute-set>

Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments on this.
Best wishes.
Ludger