Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modifying olink generated text

Hi Peter,
You need to modify your en.xml to add the <l:i18n> wrapper element.  Any
gentext customization needs to include that in the local.l10n.xml
parameter.  Then it should work.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Peter Desjardins" <pdesjardins@supplyscape.com>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:11 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Modifying olink generated text

I'm having trouble making a customization to olink generated text.  I
want to remove "the section called" from olinks to sections.  Can
someone point out errors in my method?

To troubleshoot, I have reduced my customization layer to only what I
see in:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomXrefs.html

Here's my stylesheet.  It's importing version 1.71.1 of the stylesheets.

********
<?xml version='1.0'?>
                version='1.0'>

<xsl:import
href="http://server.name.com/techpubs/xslt/docbook-xsl/html/chunk.xsl"/>

<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('en.xml')"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>
*******

I have placed an entire copy of common/en.xml from version 1.71.1 of the
stylesheets in the directory with my customization layer.  In that copy,
I have replaced every instance of "the section called" with "the FOO
called."  I made no other changes.

I publish my DocBook content, which is version 4.3, using Saxon 6.5.3.
Here is the command with the parameters I am using:

*******
java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet \
oq/xml/MyDocBookContent.xml \
test.xsl \
base.dir=oq/html/test-results/ \
use.extensions=1 \
target.database.document="../../olinkdb-html.xml" \
current.docid="validationoqtr"
*******

The resulting HTML looks great, with live olink cross-references.  But
they are not affected by my alteration of en.xml and still read "the
section called."

What am I missing?  I know Saxon is finding my copy of en.xml because if
I change its filename, Saxon complains that it cannot be found.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Desjardins