Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook with InDesign for PDF

On 12 Mar 2007, at 8:43 PM, Hendy Irawan wrote:

> Dear DocBook experts,
>
> Has anyone had experience with DocBook and Adobe InDesign CS2?
>
> It seems relatively easy to make "dynamic" (XML-based) business cards
> using InDesign but since DocBook is a very complex language I'm not
> exactly sure if this is doable.
>
> If "rendering" DocBook documents in InDesign seems unapproachable,
> maybe we could use InDesign merely as a design tool for FO stylesheet?
>
> I found this from RenderX:
> http://www.renderx.com/tools/inx2fo.html
>
> It can convert InDesign document to FO... which may be useful to aid
> designing the FO stylesheet? But again, due to DocBook's XSL-FO
> stylesheet complexity.... this gives me the creeps also.
>
> Please advise or share your experiences... Thank you.
>
> --
> Hendy Irawan
> Web: http://hendy.gauldong.net
> Mobile: +62 856 24889899
> Yahoo Messenger: ceefour666
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ceefour

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/indesign/sdk/explodedSDK/
cs.01/docs/references/sdk/group__xdocbookworkflow.html

Introduction
A plug-in that adds in features to the existing XML capability of
InDesign to support rich, cross media workflows. It provides a
mechanism for resolving media references in imported XML and placing
in-line graphics referenced within the XML, along with converting
between InDesign native tables and XML-based tables. It is set up to
work with XML written in Simplified DocBook XML

----
Disclaimer: I haven't tried it myself but might help with what you're
trying to do.

Johan Martin
Catenare LLC
534 Pacific Ave