Subject: xsl:text and "\fB" results in \efB in manpage output

Hi,

If I use e.g.

<xsl:template match="literal">
  <xsl:text>\fB</xsl:text>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
  <xsl:text>\fR</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

in the customization layer for a manpage XSLT stylesheet, I get an
output of:

\efB...\efR

I'm wondering, what is so different to using

<xsl:template match="literal">
  <xsl:apply-templates mode="bold" select="."/>
</xsl:template>

which results in \fB...\fR? I can reproduce this issue with the latest
release, but not with the latest snapshot. I'm wondering, what's causing
this (different) behaviour? Can someone point me into the right
direction?

Regards, Daniel