Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xsl:text and "\fB" results in \efB in manpageoutput

Am Donnerstag, den 22.03.2007, 16:30 +0900 schrieb Michael(tm) Smith:
> Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net>, 2007-03-20 00:31 +0100:
>
> > If I use e.g.
> >
> > <xsl:template match="literal">
> >   <xsl:text>\fB</xsl:text>
> >   <xsl:apply-templates/>
> >   <xsl:text>\fR</xsl:text>
> > </xsl:template>
>
> Better to use the following:
>
>   <xsl:template match="literal">
>     <xsl:if test="$man.hyphenate.computer.inlines = 0">
>       <xsl:call-template name="suppress.hyphenation"/>
>     </xsl:if>
>     <xsl:apply-templates mode="bold" select="."/>
>   </xsl:template>
>
> If you look at the manpages source (for example, the
> manpages/inline.xsl file), you’ll notice that’s the way boldfacing
> of similar elements is handled.

Thanks for the hint, but I already found that. The cited code is from
another project, which had broken manpages now. I already suggested your
code to avoid the broken manpage output ;) I was just wondering, why the
using this worked, but using <xsl:text>\fB</xsl:text> did not. I just
oversaw, that you used the unicode code to represent the backslash in
the mode="bold" template, which explains the difference.

Regards, Daniel