Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] ERROR: Too many nested apply-templates calls

Title: Message
All

I have done more testing and research. I have fixed this problem. The thread stack size was the issue and was fixed by increasing it in the Java command line calling SAXON. I add the following:

-Xss4m

Regards,

Dean Nelson
Enterprise Electronics Corp

-----Original Message-----
From: Nelson, Dean [mailto:dean.nelson@eecradar.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:14 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

I have an error that I have been trying to fix and thought that maybe someone in this group has seen this type of problem.

I have started using Java 6 because I have measured a speed increase of my XML builds of over 20%. I have 32bit and 62bit Linux platforms that I maintain. The 64bit (Java 6/Linux) systems give me no problems but when I run on the 32bit (Java 6/Linux) systems I get the following error from SAXON 6.5.5.

"Error at xsl:apply-templates on line 927 of file:/home/bobstaff/edge/doc/usermanual/doctools/docbook-xsl-1.71.1/fo/table.xsl:
  Too many nested apply-templates calls
Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported"

At first I thought that this was a memory issue so I increased the Java stack (-Xms512m) and heap  (-Xmx512m) settings because my Docbook set is rather large. But this did not seem to help.

Anyone have any idea or thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance,

Dean Nelson
Enterprise Electronics Corp
http://www.EECradar.com

"Too much of the world is run on the theory that you don't need road manners if you drive a five-ton truck" - Cleon Lyles

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this  message and delete this e-mail immediately.