Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Converting from DocBook XML 4.4 to 5.0

I think i'll stay with 4.4 for now.. Too much stuff to convert in 5.0.. Plus I have to change my Editing environment in XML Metal Author.

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 17:07 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
Mykone Saunders wrote:

> Is there a tool to convert DocBook 4.4 document to 5.0?

See

http://www.docbook.org/docs/howto/#convert4to5

> Also, is there
> any advantage to convert to 5.0?

DocBook V4.5 is considered to be feature frozen. Any new developments
(e.g. adding new elements supporting new constructs used in
documentation) will be done only on 5.0 version.

Moreover, it is much easier to create customized version of DocBook
schema if you are basing it on DocBook V5.0 rather then on V4.x.