Subject: Re: [docbook] eclipse.xsl - output filenames customizable?

Rock Lobster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to convert our document into eclipse-help-html-files, and it
> works, but the abbreviations for the output files are not too usable for me,
> because I want to program an additional tool where I can group some themes
> and chapters for some specific software components - so it would be very
> cool for me if the filenames were not ch01s05.html or something, but their
> chapter or section ids instead.
>
> Is that possible? They are of course unique, so it shouldn't be a problem
> for the filesystem, I suppose. Any suggestions?
>
> Greetings
> Rock Lobster
>
> (PS: I tried to find a parameter for that but I wasn't successful. I also
> searched this forum but couldn't find anything)

If you want the section ids to be used as the filename for chunked
output then you need the handily named stylesheet parameter
'use.id.as.filename'. To set this parameter add the following somewhere
in you stylesheet customization.

<xsl:param name="use.id.as.filename">1</xsl:param>

If you look in the docbook xsl stylesheet directory there is a folder
named 'params' and in there you will find a single file for each
parameter, named after the parameter, which contain a description of
what the parameter does. Cunning eh!

Hope this helps
Simon Kennedy

PS Any questions regarding the docbook stylesheets should be posted to
the docbook-apps mailing list.