Subject: Re: [docbook] should I use section or sect1, sect2, sect3 etc?

Using sect[1-5] also makes it easier to customize things.  For example, if you want sect2 to have a unique look, you can put a template in your customization layer matching only sect2.  If you just use <section> everywhere, it makes it harder to customize particular section levels (you can of course use XPath to select specific nested elements, but it's just not as intuitive as a simple template matching sect2).

Colin

On 4/13/07, Warren Young <warren@etr-usa.com> wrote:
Scott Hudson wrote:
> I usually recommend using nested <section>. It makes it easier to reuse
> content in different contexts if you need to.

That lack of context is also a disadvantage.  It means you can't look at
a section of the document and immediately tell where it fits in
logically with the rest of the structure.