Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Glossary sorting in Japanese

Akagi Kobayashi wrote:

> The Kosek method can be used successfully to sort Hiragana and Katanakana
> characters (I'm sure). I have added those after the alphabet to the sort
> list. Attaching the test xml fyi.

I haven't received file, but I would be happy to add it into standard
distribution. You can send it to me off-list.

> Before I look into the Kimber method - I have an idea for sorting words in
> kanji.
>
> Could you tell me whether using the glossentry id= link might work? This is
> explained in Chapter 16 - Linking to a glossary entry
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/LinkToGlossary.html
> So the kanji word will be set as the glossterm; and its reading in hiragana
> will be set as the glossentry id.

You can do this, but stylesheets doesn't support sorting of glossterms
based on id values, so you will have to customize stylesheets.

I think that adding sortas attribute to glossterm is the right solution.
If time permits we will discuss this request during today's DocBook TC
meeting.

 OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO/JTC1/SC34 member
 Want to speak at XML Prague 2007 => http://xmlprague.cz/cfp.html

OpenPGP digital signature