Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP 0.93 Span="inherit" warning

Hi,

I'm not sure that this is really anything to worry about.  I just checked the XSL spec out of curiosity, and it doesn't seem to say anything that indicates it is improper to use the "inherit" keyword on the property of an FO object when its parent doesn't have the same property explicitly set.

5.9.10.1 inherit
The property takes the same computed value as the property for the formatting object's parent object.

That's all it really says.  Therefore, I assume that this is just a warning that FOP generates, not necessarily indicating that the FO produced by the DocBook XSL stylesheet is illegal.

If anyone believes otherwise, please correct me.

Colin