Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Images in PDF appear too large

I'm currently working with a custom stylesheet I wrote from scratch (not DocBook) to generate FO from an XML document, and I'm using FOP v0.93.  I've found that the image scaling does work.  If I use the following FO:

<fo:external-graphic src=""image.jpg"" width="100px" content-width="scale-to-fit"/>

then the image is scaled properly to the given width, and the proportions remain intact.

I haven't looked at the FO produced by the DocBook stylesheets, so this doesn't necessarily answer the original poster's question, but FOP can do image scaling in this manner.

Colin

On 4/26/07, Chris Chiasson <chris@chiasson.name> wrote:
I have heard that fop is not so good at obeying the scaling commands.
I can't remember where, though.

http://chris.chiasson.name/