Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] To Rene Hache, Larry Garfield, Bob Stayton, JirkaKosek - About a former XHTML accessiblity project

Nicolas RAINARD wrote:
> Several years ago, you were talking about getting "Simpler XHTML output"
> (initiating thread can be found at
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/docbook-apps/2005-q2/msg00230.html).
> The whole discussion broached in accessibility and CSS layout, instead
> of tables layout.
Bob may correct me, but AFAIK docbook doesn't use table based layout
and any CSS additions are the authors, not a part of the standard
docbook formatting, though provision is made for CSS usage.

It seems you started a new project: to make a brand
> new forked XHTML XSL.
> What is the current step of this project? Is it still undergoing or as
> it been abandoned? For many reasons, I am very interested in getting
> semantical, CSS styled XHTML output.

So are many of us, which is why we choose docbook!

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.