Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] refentry or section

Not sure it justifies the extra markup, but in terms of what the xsls
do, one thing you get with a reference and refentries that you don't
with a chapter and sections is additional summary info (the refpurpose)
in the toc. You can see this in the toc for tdg under "I. DocBook
Element Reference" where the toc has the element name and the refpurpose
instead of just the section's title:
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

On the other hand, the <reference> has to be the child of a book (i.e.
it's like a <chapter>). I've found myself wanting to use a <reference>
as if it were a <section>.

David