Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBookWiki

Craig White wrote:
> Trying to crawl first - this package seems at bit interesting at first
> but then seems to be a bit limiting but I can't tell because I don't
> know what I am doing but I do have a fairly reasonable start at it.
>
> 2 things I cannot possibly figure out...
>
> The first is how to display a graphic. I am using the following code...
>
> <mediaobject>
>   <imageobject>
>     <imagedata
> fileref="http://srv1.tobyhouse.com/images/tobyLogo_small.png"/>
>   </imageobject>
>   <textobject>
>     <phrase>Toby House, Inc.</phrase>
>   </textobject>
> </mediaobject>

   <figure id='pg.struct'>
	<title>Pagination Formatting Objects</title>
   <mediaobject >
       <imageobject>
	<imagedata fileref="images/fig5-8a.png" format="PNG"/>
       </imageobject>
       <textobject>
	<phrase>Pagination Formatting Objects</phrase>
       </textobject>

     </mediaobject></figure>

I always think they look prettier in a figure :-)

Phrase in textobject produces alt text,
Other content in textobject can produce a D link.

> The second thing is how can I get a 'new page' after each 'section' -
> they run one after another (at least in PDF form) and even worse, a
> table that comprises a section that looks like this...

A page break is styling, it's not markup.
You need to look at the XSLT stylesheets to figure that one out.
 From memory (Bobs book is about definitive today) you can't
get it from customizing the stylesheets,
you'd need to add
<fo:block break-before='page'/> to the template for a section
if you want to tweak the stylesheets to get this.

HTH

regards

--
Dave Pawson