Subject: About computing total pages

Hi all,
this is my first post on this list,
I'm learning DocBook and now I'm trying to put the total number of pages in the header of my FO
customization layer.I red on the internet about this and found only a trick that suggest to put a
special tag a the end of the document and use this in the customization layer for computing the
total pages.I would like to know if this is still the preferred way to adopt or maybe with the new
stylesheets or docbook 5 there is a cleaner way to accomplish this.
Thanks in advance for your help and specially Mr. Walsh and Mr. Stayton for the great work made on
DocBook.

INFORMATIVA SULLA PRIVACY
Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute
in questo messaggio e nei suoi eventuali allegati sono riservate e per
uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nessuno, all'infuori dello stesso,
può copiare o distribuire il messaggio, o parte di esso, a terzi.
Chiunque riceva questo messaggio per errore è pregato di distruggerlo
e di informare il mittente.

PRIVACY NOTICE
According to the D.Lgs. 196/2003 this document and its attachments are
confidential and intended for the named addressee(s) only. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any use or dissemination
of this message is prohibited. If you have received this document by
mistake, please notify the sender and destroy all physical and/or
electronic copies.