Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Processing DocBook XSL with PHP

Larry Garfield wrote:

> The main things I need are:
>
> - XInclude support.
> - Multi-file output.  Right now I'm using the <?dbhtml ?> directive to control
> that, but I am willing to change that if it makes it easier/possible.

PHP uses libxslt for XSLT processing, and DocBook stylesheets works with
xsltproc, so there shouldn't be problems.

> - Something that involves fewer than 15 components that break every time it
> rains. :-)

Well, I wouldn't say that XML support in PHP is without problems, but
majority of problems was solved in PHP5.1. Once there will be Unicode
support in PHP, we can consider PHP enough mature to seriously process
XML content. ;-)

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz

OpenPGP digital signature