Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Whitespace in <indexterm>

Bob, thanks very much for investigating this behavior and following up
with us.

Best,
Steve Blair
Director of Technical Publications
Vocera Communications
sblair@vocera.com
408.790.4210

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:27 AM
To: Steve Blair; M.Canales.es; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

I checked the FO output under these circumstances, and the destination
marker is correctly formed as an empty fo:block or fo:inline, depending
on the context, and it has the right id for the indexterm.  The index
also has a fo:page-citation with the right id reference.  So the FO
should work.

But the error messages during processing indicate that it cannot find
the id of the empty marker element, so this is an unresolved cross
reference
and no page number.   If you put any kind of non-blank text inside the
empty marker element, the page number appears.  So it seems that fop
0.93 doesn't think an empty inline should have an id. I think this is
likely a bug.

(putting some non-blank text inside the marker is probably not a good
idea, as it will introduce formatting artifacts you don't want.)

DocBook Consulting