Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Issues with PDF output (fop 0.93, docbook-xslcurrent/snapshot)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 24.06.2007, 18:45 +0900 schrieb Michael(tm) Smith:
> Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net>, 2007-06-22 17:21 +0200:
>
> [...]
> > I maybe missed other things. So can somebody determine, if these are
> > issues in fop or in docbook-xsl?
>
> The way to isolate whether it's a problem in fop or in docbook-xsl
> is to run the same document through a conformant XSL-FO engine
> such as RenderX xep or DiType and check if you see the same
> problem. If you don't, it's a bug or limitation in FOP.

Thanks for the hint.

> If you don't have access to xep or DiType or another conformant
> XSL-FO engine, you can ask on this list or on #docbook to run the
> same document through xep or DiType or whatever for you and then
> send/post the result to you.

I will do next time :) This time, I found the issue. It was a
configuration issue: procedure.properties used formal.object.properties,
which used keep-together.within-column=always and trying to change this
via dbfo did not work. I now simply changed the
keep-together.within-column to auto globally for processing this
article. Maybe the dbfo-variant of defining the
keep-together.within-column value should probably work by default for
more elements.

Regards, Daniel