Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FOP vs Saxon?

That's correct.  See this reference for more details:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/XSLprocessors.html

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:53 AM

Er... isn't Saxon an XSLT processor?

I know there are multiple versions of Saxon, so maybe I'm missing something, but I do believe these two applications are for different purposes.

Colin

On 6/26/07, Linux Solutions <linuxbsd2004@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using docbook5 and FOP 0.93 to generate PDF. I was wondering what the differences between Saxon and FOP is and if Saxon will generate better PDF's?

Any help is appreciated. Also, any ETA on docbook5-xsl 1.72.1? I see there are a few fixes in there.

Thanks,
Josh