Subject: footnote in informaltable

I am using version 4.12 of the DTD, and 1.72.0 of the stylesheets.  When I
attempt to add a footnote in a table or informaltable, a new row at the
bottom of the table is created, which I'm sure is as designed.  The
problem I'm having is that for each footnote, there are two link in the
table row.  Perhaps I'm incorrectly using this?

Here is a sample snippet:

<row>
        <entry spanname="feature">Wireless Local Area Network  (WLAN)
                <footnote>
                      <para>This is a footnote.</para>
                </footnote>
        Support