Subject: Text going out of margins in PDF

I'm using FOP 0.93, xsltproc, and DocBook 4.5.

Sometimes text appears to almost overlap DocBook's footer line.  I've
noticed the problem more when I'm doing lists and especially lists within
lists. Is there any better way to control this so that text never goes out
of the margins and into the footer?

Thanks,
Joseph Caporale