Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Complex parameters.

Do I want that level of detail in addresses?  No, but some might want or need it.  I included "perhaps" and "optional" in my suggestion. 8^)

If users request it, the DocBook Technical Committee could look at making sure it is not difficult to integrate xNAL as an optional module in DocBook 5.  But it would not be included by default.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 3:01 PM

Won't usage of xNAL affect the use of <orgname>, <affiliation> and their respective progeny? Do you really need that level of detail, particularly in regard to addresses?

Regards,

Gary L. Hoffman, J.D., LL.M.
Erickson & Sederstrom, P.C.
(A Limited Liability Organization)
10330 Regency Parkway Drive
Omaha, NE  68114
USA
(402) 390-7117
(402) 390-7137 (fax)
e-mail: ghoff@eslaw.com
resume: www.eslaw.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

TAX ADVICE DISCLAIMER: Under applicable U.S. Treasury Regulations, we are required to inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this email or any attachment hereto is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, either (i) for purposes of avoiding penalties imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) for promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any tax-related matter addressed herein.

>>> "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> 7/3/2007 4:37:15 PM >>>
Where is DocBook going?  Perhaps deferring to an external standard such as
xNAL, merged into DocBook 5 as an optional module:

http://xml.coverpages.org/xnal.html

DocBook Consulting