Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] unnumbered section titles

El Jueves, 5 de Julio de 2007 18:58, Jochen+oasis-open@Hayek.name escribió:
> I usually like my documents structures as recursive sections,
> but in a specific one, I would actually prefer some sections not to carry a
> number, as that makes it otherwise look confusing (-> year numbers in the
> section title itself).

In LFS we have a customization to skip the label for <sect2> sections that
have an empty title, and to skip the label in Preface, among other things:

    <!-- sect2.titlepage:
           Uses h2 and removed a lot of unneeded code.
           Skip empty titles.
           No label in preface. -->
    <!-- The original template is in
           {docbook-xsl}/xhtml/titlepage.templates.xsl -->
  <xsl:template name="sect2.titlepage">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="string-length(title) = 0"/>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <h2 class="{name(.)}">
          <xsl:if test="@id">
            <a id="{@id}" name="{@id}"/>
          </xsl:if>
          <xsl:if test="not(ancestor::preface) and $section.autolabel != 0">
            <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="label.markup"/>
            <xsl:text>. </xsl:text>
          </xsl:if>
          <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
        </h2>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

That main part for you is:

         <xsl:if test="not(ancestor::preface) and $section.autolabel != 0">
            <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="label.markup"/>
            <xsl:text>. </xsl:text>
          </xsl:if>

You could change the  "not(ancestor::preface)" to "not(@role='no_label')", for
example.