Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Neeed FOP 0.9X examples

Hi,

Euis Luhuanam a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to migrate from fop 0.20 to 0.9X.
> Unfortunately, it seems not to be straight forward.
>
> I am using Ubuntu Feisty with a 2.6.20-16-generic
> kernel; Java2RE 1.5.0_11; xsltproc (libxml 20627,
> libxslt 10120; libexslt 813); and docbook-xsl-1.71.1.
>
> Is there any "step by step" example to setup fop?
> Could someone send me a simple "Hello World"
> Docbook XML file example to verify that fop works?

This shouldn't be too difficult to setup FOP 0.93. Download [1] a binary
archive; since you're using Java 1.5 you want the jdk1.4 version (which
actually is for Java 1.4 and later). Untar it somewhere, and that's all:
you have a fop script at the root of the archive that you should call to
render XSL-FO to PDF.
If you had configured custom fonts with FOP 0.20.5 you will have to
re-generate the XML metrics [2], as their formats have slightly changed.

Regarding the DocBook toolchain nothing changes, you just have to
replace the call to FOP 0.20.5 with 0.93.

If you have further questions regarding setting up FOP, I suggest you to
ask on the fop-user [3] mailing list. You can also look at the FOP website.

HTH,
Vincent

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/download.html
[2] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.93/fonts.html