Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] emacs nXML and DocBook V5.0CR5

Jason,

I find that "Unknown element" usually indicates a mismatch in namespace
between an XML file xmlns assignment and the RNC namespace declaration.

In your case you have accidentally replaced the "/" in the default xmlns
with a ".".

Change to xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; and you'll be good to go.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Addison [mailto:jraddison@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 4:03 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] emacs nXML and DocBook V5.0CR5

I'm trying to use emacs with nXML and DocBook V5.0CR5. I am getting
the following behavior:

I get completion for the article tag. If I close the tag I get an
error requesting ``xmlns="http://doc...";''. If I put that in the tag,
like in the listing below, nxml says article is ``Unknown element''.
C-c C-s C-w says that I am looking at the correct rnc file.

How can I fix this? Am I using incompatible versions of tools?

Thanks, Jason

Fedora Core 7
emacs 22.1.1
nXML 20041004 (from rng-auto.el)
  from rpm:
  emacs-nxml-mode.noarch  0.20041004-5.fc7  fedora
DocBook V5.0CR5 (downloaded from http://www.docbook.org/xml/5.0CR5/rng/)

file: ./testdoc.xml
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<article xmlns="http://docbook.org.ns/docbook";
xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="pto">
  <info>
    <title>My Titles</title>
  </info>
  <sect1>
    <title>Section One</title>
    <sect2>
      <title>Section One One</title>
      <para>
        Xxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxx Xxxxxxxx Xxxx Xxxx (XXX) xxx x xxxxxx
xx xxx. Xxxxxx xxxx xxxx xx xxxx xx xx xxxxx xxxxxxx x xxxx xxx xxxx
xx xxxx xxxx.
      </para>
    </sect2>
  </sect1>
</article>

file: ./schema.xml
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<locatingRules xmlns="http://thaiopensource.com/ns/locating-rules/1.0";>
  <uri resource="testdoc.xml" uri="./docbook.rnc"/>
</locatingRules>

from file: ./docbook.rnc
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
s:ns [ prefix = "s" uri = "http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron"; ]
s:ns [ prefix = "svg" uri = "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; ]
s:ns [ prefix = "xlink" uri = "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; ]
#  DocBook V5.0CR5

# See http://docbook.org/ns/docbook

# This file is part of DocBook V5.0CR5
#
# Copyright 1992-2005 HaL Computer Systems, Inc.,
# O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., ArborText, Inc., Fujitsu Software
# Corporation, Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems, Inc., and the