Subject: setting font to terms of variablelist

Hi !

I would like the terms of the variablelists to look like varname. As I have many variablelists, it's heavy to add the varname markup at each variable, so I wonder if it is possible to set the font to those elements in my custom xsl stylesheet ?
I would like to do it in the html output and the pdf output, which I generate via fop 0.93.
I'm using DocBook stylesheets 1.72 ; I've tried to look in lists.xml but don't find if and where I could do it...

thanks,
Marie.