Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook 5.0 test documents

Ellyn Larson <elarson@portalyx.com>, 2007-07-19 22:21 +0200:

> I am looking for some DocBook 5.0 test documents. I would welcome any that
> people are able to send me or point me to on the web. They would be used
> for application testing purposes only.

In the docbook-xsl and docbook-xsl-ns distributions is a large
file that's the source for the reference documentation in those
distributions. You can find it here:

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/docsrc/reference.xml.included

It's a valid DocBook 5 instances except for the fact that it uses
@id throughout instead of @xml:id. (And the reason for that is
because there are duplicate IDs in it -- which is not a problem as
far as output of it goes -- but xsltproc does strict xml:id
checking, without any option to have it do otherwise, and the docs
can't be built from that source with xsltproc because of the
duplicate @xml:id issue.)

  --Mike

smime.p7s