Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Set an image as a full-page background

Hi,

I have done this, but only in one specific way using XEP.  I did this using a block-container with a fixed position, a hieght/width of the full page, and a z-index value to ensure it is below everything else:

<fo:block-container background-image="background.svg" absolute-position="fixed" height="210mm" width="148mm" z-index="-1">
  <fo:block/>
</fo:block-container>

This can be placed anywhere in a customization layer.  I am not sure how well this will work with another processor (I know that the z-index property doesn't work in FOP, anyway).

Hope that helps a little.

Colin