Subject: getting text from external xml file

Hi !

I would like to add on my titlepage a text (version number) coming from an external non docbook xml file.
In the facts : I use maven, so I have a pom.xml defining the version number of my project like this :

    xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <name>My Project</name>
    <artifactId>my-project</artifactId>
    <groupId>my.group</groupId>
    <version>1.5</version>
    [...]

I would like to get the value contained in <version> to add it dynamicaly on the titlepage, under my title (I've rewritten the book.titlepage.recto template in a xsl file).
Is there a way to do that ? in the xsl or directly in the docbook file, I could add it in the title or in the bookinfo section...

thanks in advance,
Marie.