Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] chunking at book level

it would be long to explain our constraints but we can't change this structure.
Actually the set is a document grouping all our technical documentations. Their chapters are short because they have a global structure and some of them haven't many thing to complete some points...
We first thought of transforming books in chapters but we want to be able to edit and generate them separately, and the structure is more logic that a module = a doc = a book.

thanks for you suggestion,
Marie.

Camille Bégnis a écrit :
Marie Sauvage - EBM WebSourcing wrote:

I could be a solution but I'd have to do the toc and all navigation
headers and footer manually... I have something like 15 books in a set,
so chunking at chapter level makes a complicated navigation and a very
long toc. So as our chapters aren't very long (some are just 10 lines or
contain just a small table), we think it would be better to have one
page per book.

I don't know your specific constraints, but maybe then your structure is
not appropriate, a chapter of just 10 lines looks odd to me.
Maybe lowering all your structure by one level:
set -> book
book -> chapter
chapter-> section

would solve all your problems.

But as I stated, I don't know your other specific constraints...

Camille.

Regards,
Marie.

Denis Bradford a écrit :

If you want to build the entire set at once, I'm not sure how to chunk
at the book level, maybe one of the wise heads here knows. But the
usual way to get one document per book is to build each book
separately, using docbook.xsl instead of chunk.xsl.

hth,
Denis

Marie Sauvage - EBM WebSourcing wrote:

Hi all !

For my documentation, I have a set of many books, is it possible to
make the chunk output splitting at book level to have only one page
per book, instead of splitting at chapter level ?
I've tried to decrease the chunk.section.depth to 1 or 0 but it has
no effect.
Maybe can I do this by customizing a template in the xsl stylesheet
but I don't find which one, could you help me on that point ?

thanks in advance !
Marie.