Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Subscript moves whole line down a small amount

The line-height-shift-adjustment property is used for this:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#line-height-shift-adj
ustment

In DocBook XSL, the default is set to "disregard-shifts" in the
root.properties attribute-set:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/root.properties.ht
ml

The property is not supported by FOP 0.93 (it is supported in the
"Development" version, so I suppose it will work with FOP 0.94):
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-line-height-sh
ift-adjustment

/MJ