Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Slides output formating

Thank you very much Justus.

The point is I don't know (and I cannot find) the "How's-to" for the "Slide"
package. I mean: How should I organize my DocBook contents in order to have
the appropriate "Slides" formatting (page layouts, etc). I think there
should be some special directives and/or configuration files in order to
define a "slide show" (something similar to the "website" XSL package).

The very curious point is: there is no documentation at all in the DocBook
XSL" book. The only documentation I've found is the reference pages included
in the "Slides" package, but those are for managing the customization
parameters.

Any extra help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pedro

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Justus-bulk@Piater.name [mailto:Justus-bulk@Piater.name]
Enviado el: domingo, 12 de agosto de 2007 8:18
Para: Pedro Pastor
CC: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Asunto: Re: [docbook-apps] Slides output formating

> I can see a set of style-sheets for producing “Slides” as output. I
> know those are a customization layer of the HTML set

It produces PDF output as well. While the stylesheets ship with the
docbook-xsl package, for the schema you should download docbook-slides
(the stylesheets therein are obsolete) and perhaps
docbook-slides-demo.

> I’d like to read some text explaining how to use the “Slides” set
> and what should I expect as a result.

For examples (slightly customized Docbook Slides based on Docbook
4.x), check my course Web pages (e.g.,
http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/courses/INFO0013/notes/probability/i
ndex.xhtml;
contains MathML and SVG).