Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Slides for DocBook 5?

Justus-bulk@Piater.name, 2007-08-13 17:52 +0200:

> What's the future of DocBook Slides?
>
> The docbook-xsl-ns-1.73.0 stylesheets contain a slides subdirectory,
> but it seems they do not work with the namespaced DocBook. There is,
> as far as I know, no slides schema to go with DocBook 5.

Yeah, lack of support for namespaced DocBook instances is a known
issue for the NS stylesheets. I guess we could add automatic
namespace stripping/adding to the stylesheets, in the same way we
have for other output formats.

> I'd love to see a new docbook-slides package for DocBook 5 (and
> without the tools), and functional stylesheets with the docbook-xsl-ns
> package.
>
> Are there any such plans? Norm? Michael(tm)?

No plans from me at least to do anything about the schema side.
I've never been a Slides user. But I will discuss with Bob if we
can try to get namespace support added to the Slides stylesheet
for the 1.74.0 release.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith