Subject: AW: [docbook-apps] default attributes

Hi,

Contentwidth=100%, contentdepth=100% and scalefit=1 make the images scale to it’s intrinsic size, but reduces their size if they are to big.

It actually works! That’s the way I want it for FO output, and that’s the way most people want it.

For htmlhelp output most people want no scaling at all. I guess…..

The defaults here should be better, and it’s not trivial to understand.

Hinrich Aue

Von: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. August 2007 05:55
An: Hinrich Aue; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Betreff: Re: [docbook-apps] default attributes

Hi,

You know, there is not a way to define a set of default attributes for graphics, but it seems there should be.  You could file a feature request on the DocBook SourceForge site.

I'm not quite sure what your intention was with your example, though.  The contentdepth="100%" and contentdepth="100%" attribute tell the processor to keep the image at its intrinsic size, if that can be determined. In other words, those attributes indicate the image is not to be scaled.  But the scalefit=1 says to scale it up to the available space.  So they seem to contradict each other.

DocBook Consulting