Subject: Generate pdf from a Docbook 5

Hello Forum

I am a newbie at Docbook. I started to write a book using the "XML mind XML
(xxe)" editor with the Docbook 5 format (I have verified the output using
RELAXNG 5.0CR5 and the relames.jar together with the docbookxi.rng).
Everything seams good (valid) in my multi-file document. There are no
problems with XML and RELAXNG at all.

Now, I wonder what is the standard way to generate Adobe pdf Files as
output.

Most sites tell me, that it is not very different from the way "docbooc 4"
documents had to go.
Many many pages explain the difference between "docbook 4" and "docbook 5".
Thats all great.

But I started with "docbook 5" straight away and had never used (and am not
willing to use) "docbook 4".

Now I am looking for an explanation how to transform my document to pdf.

a) which files and tool do I need?
c) which process my files have to go through?

PS:
1) Any good description is wellcome. I don't prefer latex or FO.
2) At the moment I just want to have a standard "book". Any configuration of
fonts, logos and page layout is secondary. I will learn about that later.

Thanks for any hint

fips