Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Changing the page margins of FO output

What is the saba.xsl stylesheet that your command is calling?

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 12:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change the margins for all of my pages in my FO output. I followed the instructions in Bob Stayton's excellent book, on the following page: http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintOutput.html#LeftRightMargins.

My command to output to FO resembles the following:

xsltproc --nonet --xinclude --output C:\docbook\documents\doc\file.fo --stringparam page.margin.top 5mm --stringparam page.margin.bottom 5mm
--stringparam page.margin.inner 5mm --stringparam page.margin.outer 5mm --stringparam target.database.document "database_file.xml" --stringparam targets.filename   "file.db" --stringparam current.docid "InstallDoc" C:\docbook\docbook-xsl\fo\saba.xsl  C:\docbook\documents\doc\file.xml

Regardless of the values I assign to the page margin parameters, the output displays the same margins.

Next, I tried adding the parameters to my customization layer, as follows:

<xsl:param name="page.margin.top">5mm</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name=" page.margin.bottom">5mm</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="page.margin.inner">5mm</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="page.margin.outer">5mm</xsl:param>

Now, I don't specify the page margin parameters on the command line, But still, the page margins don't change. I've searched this newsgroup and elsewhere, but haven't spotted a solution.

I'm using revision 1.69.1 of the stylesheets.

Could anyone suggest my next step to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
Mark

--

Mark Peters