Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Styling PDF output

Bob,
Thanks for point me in the right direction. The body.start.indent will do most of what I want. I would like the simplesect titles and bridgeheads to float in the gap between the margin and the start of the text. From reading your book, it looks like I need to add a template for simplesect.titlepage to the customization layer to make that happen. Is this correct?
Cheers,
Eric

From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 7:52 PM
To: Johnson, Eric; docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Eric,
I think the DocBook XSL stylesheets do that by default.  The body.start.indent parameter indents everything, except those elements with a start-indent="0pt" property.  All section heads, including simplesect and bridgeheads get that property, so they are not indented along with everything else.

Or perhaps I'm not understanding your requirements.

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 6:51 AM
Subject: [docbook-apps] Styling PDF output

I want to style the pages in my PDF output so that the paragraph text has a left side gap. I also want simplesect tiles and bridge heads to appear in the gap. I'm not sure what I need to modify to make that happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Eric J.