Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] closing <a name> tag

Marie Sauvage - EBM WebSourcing wrote:

 >         <xsl:if test="$conditional = 0 or $node/@id or $node/@xml:id">
 >             <a name="{$id}">.</a>
 >         </xsl:if>

 > but when I put no content (or a space) between opening and closing
tag (instead of the point here), it's written in my html generated file
like before with simply <a name="xxx" />. Do you know what does it ? I'm
using Ant and Xalan, is it it ? Do you know a way to force this ?
 > I'll maybe have a look in an ant regex replacement...

There's no way in XSLT to enforce one of these outputs.

A single space is stripped from the stylesheet, so using
   <a name="{$id}"> </a>
won't help.
However
   <a name="{$id}"><xsl:text> </xsl:text></a>
should do it.

What I don't understand is, why <a name=.../> renders a link. There's no
href attribute. I've never heard that browsers have a problem with link
anchors.

Anyway, hope the xsl:text trick helps.
Oliver