Subject: Links from DocBook to Java ApiDoc

Hello,

we're starting to use DocBook to document architecture and concepts of
our web application written in Java. Now it would be great to have links
in the generated HTML and PDF to the generated ApiDoc (Javadoc), ideally
without having to know the exact location of the ApiDoc when writing
DocBook.

For example
<classname>org.something.app.Foo</classname>
could be formatted as a link to the Javadoc of the class Foo.

Most probably there is more information required, since we don't need
links for all occurences of <classname> and we don't want to see the
complete package name in the output, so perhaps the XML to be written
has to look more like
<classname java:fullClass="org.something.app.Foo">Foo</classname>

Even more information is required to create correct links for
<methodname>, particulary the full type of all parameters.

Before starting to develop our own solution for this I wanted to ask if
somebody else has probably done this already.

Thanks,
Oliver