Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xml/docbook/dsssl - dbtable error

Jozef Kruger <jozefkruger@hotmail.com>, 2007-09-12 07:45 -0800:

> I also noted that the docbook-dsssl-1.79 is from januari 2004,
> has this project been discontinued?

Work on the DSSSL stylesheets has not been officially
discontinued, but they are no longer actively being maintained.

> If so, what are the alternatives that are still maintained?

The DocBook XSL stylesheets:

  http://docbook.sf.net/files/xsl/latest

Extensive how-to guidelines on using those are here:

  http://sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

For print output, an alternative to the DocBook XSL stylesheets
that you might consider is "dblatex":

  http://dblatex.sourceforge.net/

--
Michael(tm) Smith