Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FW: [ANN] JEuclid MathML Plugin for FOP 0.94 Released

Hi,

I've just tried JEuclid MathML (3.0.1) with fop (from current svn, i.e. >
0.94 ) and I get expected results as far as my mathml elements are concerned.

I'm using :
- fop ;
- java 1.6 from Sun ;
- docbook-xsl-1.73.2 .

From this very first test, I can say that using JEuclid plugin is much more
straightforward than using other renderers (TeX based for instance, these
work but configuring such workflows is a nightmare).

Nevertheless, I'm a bit disappointed to realize that, for instance :

<para><inlineequation>MathML stuff</inlineequation></para>

is NOT valid Docbook5 ; effectively the only elements in Docbook 5 that
natively support mathml elements are equation and informalequation.

I've tried, but for now on, with no success, to modify the docbook rnc to be
able to write such things.
Any pointers on this subject will be welcome !

jmt

--

Informatique technique et scientifique

         Jean-Marie Thomas